Day 001: Rolling | 09/01/2010

As I pulled away from my house this morning I committed myself to a plan that I have been working on for some time. The idea: Bike to work, not just for a day, but for an entire year.

To be fair, I have been biking 90% of the time for the last few months, but somehow today it was different. I realized that this is a commitment I will keep. I realized that the weather was very nice (about 70F) and that in 3 months I might have a very different opinion of the weather. And I realized that I was going to be a few minutes late to my first meeting of the morning.

I had all kinds of plans for kicking off my bike-to-work-year challenge, most of which weren’t accomplished prior to today's inaugural ride. But where as, in the past, I had abandoned a big project because it couldn’t be perfect from the start, I rolled off ready as I was going to be, imperfect, but rolling none-the-less.

In this blog I intend to talk about the logistics of biking to work (or biking in general), to write about whatever book I may be listening to at the moment, things I see and things I think. I hope that my readers (currently 0) will find something of interest. I have some exciting things planned for this blog and hope that you will check back in often. I am committed to writing an update every day as I pedal along.

Till tomorrow....

1 comment: