Day 013: Cycletote | 09/17/2010

Today I picked up our shiny new cyletote bike trailer

I rode across town and picked up two of our kids (Daphne and Jack) from school.  I ink they were as excited as I was to have the new trailer.
I am a little worried about Daph (9) and Jack (5) fitting in the trailer, not because of weight (the trailer is rated to carry 175lbs.) but size. The cycletote is designed for smaller kids (like our 1 and 2 year old). But I head off for their school.
It is a blast riding through old-town Fort Collins on my way to pick up the kids and I make note that we really need to get down there as a family more often.  
I arrived at the school a few minutes early, parked the bike/trailer and waited for the kids to come out.  The school bell rang and as soon as I found my two little monsters they snugly hopped in the trailer (very snugly) and off we went.  
11 miles (and a few slow hill climbs) later we were home. There were two highlights to the trip:
1 - enjoying the ride across town on spring creek trail
2 - calling 911 after a truck (who hopefully wasn't watching our trailer circus) slammed into the car in front of it (subsequently causing a three car 'pile up')
All-in-all a great afternoon! And the kids were asking when they get to ride in the trailer again.




Till tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment