Day 012: Found=Wallet | 09/16/2010

Today as I sauntered over to subway to get my sandwich and cookie fix for the day, I noticed a wallet sitting all alone on a bench.  

After looking inside I couldn't find a phone number for the owner (note-to-self: put contact info in your wallet).  I did however see a credit card with the logo of a company that is down the street from me.  
I got caught up in meetings when I got back to work so I wasn't able to call over to the mysterious wallet owners company until about 10 till 5. I spoke with the receptionist and from the sound of it, there had been some mystery on their end about the missing wallet as well, but they knew who it belonged to.  I told them I would bring the wallet by and 20 minutes later I rolled up to the front entrance to find the receptionist and the wallet owner anxiously waiting (I knew it was the actual owner because I had seen his drivers license picture).

I handed the wallet over and the owner seemed genuinely grateful. With a sincere thank you from the man reunited with his wallet I rode off.
I felt really good about helping someone out and thought I would share it with my blog readers. (oh and the owner did not offer any sort of reward - which I was glad for, I was happy to help and my motivation was karma and pay it forward)


Till tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment