Gear 1

I took my daughter (9) to Lee's Cyclery this weekend to buy her a new bike. She picked a Trek Skye:
While I was there I managed to pick up about $200 worth of accessories that i "needed" for my daily commuting.  Three pair of socks, a Pearl Izumi beanie, new pannier's and a big smile on my daughters face and we were out the door. 


People think that commuting to work saves $. While I definitely think this is true if you commute frequently, there is a price of admission to commuting that cannot be ignored. Here is a quick overview of my bike setup for commuting.  


My Setup:




Fortunately I already had all of these items from my casual riding repertoire, however I have quickly realized that I need more than a couple of bike jersey's and bike shorts. After re-remembering during my shopping expedition at the bike shop what they charge for bike clothing, I promptly hit eBay to find a bargain.  I have a handful of biking clothes now on the way.


I still have a few items that I am "shopping" for: Sunglasses, Lights, Bike Trailer for hauling the kids to/from school, a few other odds-and-ends and most importantly some additional cold weather gear. Hopefully I have a few months before the cold weather gear becomes a real necessity.


Till tomorrow...



1 comment: