Day 006: Archetype | 09/08/2010

I am not an archetype cyclist. I am not one of those guys or ladies with that perfect toned cyclist body, decked in the latest italian branded cycling gear. I am not overly athletic. I eat healthy, I am a vegetarian, I don’t smoke, I occasionally have a drink (but if I had to never have another drink again, I wouldn’t lose a moment of sleep).


As far as cycling goes, I am an average Joe.


I write this, hopefully to encourage more average Joe’s out there to take up cycling. You don’t need a $2000+ bike, you don’t need to be decked out in all of that gear. Just get something (with two wheels, cranks, pedals etc..) and go. Ride. Feel the wind. For anyone that hasn’t ridden a bike in a while, it will take you back to your childhood, it is liberating and fun.


You don’t have to be the archetype. I am not.


Till tomorrow....

2 comments:

  1. You are so right! Makes me want to go for a bike ride right now! Can't wait until we have the bike trailer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Matt,

    Well said. Glad I found your blog--I'll stop by often to see how the year goes. You have snow and cold for your rides, we've got temps like 105--either way, takes some guts. Good Luck! Cheers! Bruce

    ReplyDelete